Saturday, April 2, 2011

Home Again

My husband is home again, and it's been really nice enjoying some time together. We went and saw a movie together last night which was really good. And we've planned a casual dinner out this week to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I've only got 12 weeks with him before he leaves for 6 months so I want to make the most of it! To be honest, we're also both pretty exhausted right now. I've been managing a cold that has been lingering for several weeks and draining my energy. Our little one is waking each night at 1am and it's taking over an hour to resettle her. And I'm trying to relax about things around the house. Normally my husband's mess when he gets back from a trip would annoy me, but I'm trying to laugh it off. I guess it doesn't really matter if the house is a mess. My little girl is a nightmare to change at the moment. As soon as I try to lie her down to change her, she flips over onto her stomach and wriggles to the ground. Today I couldn't stop her in time, so she crawled off down the hallway in glee with no pants on. Next thing she crawled out the dog flap into the backyard. Normally I would be really uptight about her crawling around with no pants on. But today I just laughed. I even called my husband over to watch too. And he would normally flip out, but today we just didn't have the energy to worry. And it felt good. Then I went to bath her and I couldn't find the plug. I remember that she was playing with it sometime and she must have left it somewhere. So, I just plonked her in the shower instead, and she had a blast. I'll have to remember to be more relaxed in future, as it really helps the whole mood of the family when Mommy is calm (easier said than done though!)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm- having trouble with Blogspot as it keeps joining my paragraphs together.

    ReplyDelete