Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trying to stay postive

Anyone who has been through infertility knows that it's a crazy journey. It's full of ups and downs, highs and lows. There are days where you feel incredibly hopeful, and days where you feel depressed.

Sometimes my mind slips into a depressed way of thinking. It tells me that although I've been through IVF before and have one beautiful daughter, IVF won't work again for us. I start to feel bitter and twisted, and tearful and removed from everyone.

Then other times I try to focus on the positives. I try to think about how darn thankful I am to have our baby girl. This makes me feel that my life is complete, rather than lacking a sibling.

So I'm trying to stay upbeat and positive. The RE says that we have a really good chance of having another baby. I know things don't always go to plan but I have to remain hopeful for the future but thankful of the present. Life is damn good, and I don't want depressive thoughts to steal my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment