Friday, April 15, 2011

Cuteness in Sickness and in Health

We're in love. Of course we've always loved our baby girl, but she's just so damn cute at the moment. The fluffy blonde hair, character and tomboy attitude. I can see why people want to go back for Number Two! But over the last few weeks, we've been sick. DH, baby girl and I have been really, really sick. We haven't been able to eat anything and we've been losing weight. We've been feeling rotten and baby girl has been up most nights. For the first time in my life I was thankful I am not pregnant or breastfeeding right now - I don't think my body has anything left to give. Thankfully we saw an awesome Doctor who thinks that we caught a rare bug in the water when we traveled interstate a few weeks ago. The bug isn't life threatening but will make babies fail to thrive. Scary. So we've taken antibiotics to get rid of the bug, and I've been juicing and taking vitamins. I've started baby girl taking vitamins too. Over the last few days we're doing much better. I finally feel myself again. I can eat - yay!! And boy are we hungry. We've got catching up eating to do. The annoying this is that my period STILL hasn't arrived and it's CD40. Yep, day 40. And before taking the antibiotics I took a pregnancy test just to confirm to myself that I wasn't pregnant, and I wasn't. So it's just my body taking it's damn time. Provided things are on track physically I'm warming up to the idea of an FET in June/July. DH leaves in August, and I'd like to squeeze in one FET before he goes. It will be much easier getting the ball rolling while he's here I think. Also from a practical perspective, he can look after baby girl while I'm having blood tests etc. I'm starting to get excited! Oh and for some reason Blogger is not allowing me to insert paragraph spaces. I just don't have time to figure it out but if you know how to fix it I'd appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, she is adorable! Sorry to hear you are all sick! That is no fun! Hopefully, you all start feeling better! (and you get AF!). I'll be here cheering along:-) BTW...transferring one or going for twins too, lol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I love the sassy pose in that picture. Yuck for sickness and here's hoping you all feel 100% really, really soon.

    ReplyDelete