Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day seven

Hi there,

Today is day seven of the IVF cycle.

I went in for a scan this morning. So far I have about 9 eggs measuring 9-12mm, and a whole heap of other smaller ones developing too. So things are definitely happening in my ovaries.

Although I'm pleased that I am able to grow follicles, from previous experience, only 30-50% of the follicles actually have a mature egg inside them. So if they get 9 eggs from the ER, I can only expect 4 to be mature and able to be used.

I walked out of the clinic this morning feeling pretty depressed. When I got to the car I asked myself why I felt depressed? Things are going well, and there's no reason to be a pessimist. I realised that I'm so used to BFNs and watching other people fall pregnant, that I've developed a bit of a default depressive belief about my ability to conceive again. It isn't logical though, and I know that.

So I gave myself a bit of a pep talk. In actual fact, I'm probably closer to having another baby than I have ever been (fingers crossed). And the shots aren't that bad. So I could actually do it again if I need to do another cycle.

Today I'm just focussing on the day...on what I need to do with this day. Today I'm focussing on growing good eggs, eating well, resting, being with my family and trying to enjoy the day as much as I can.

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to not be caught up on an emotional roller coaster during the process, that's for sure. Hang in there and take good care of yourself (maybe a little pampering???).

    ReplyDelete