Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Momentum

Finally after months of feeling that things were "on hold" in the fertility department it's wonderful to have some momentum.

After the laparoscopy this week, I've been mentally thinking of anything we can do to move forward from here.

I've made appointments with my RE and the surgeon to ask some follow up questions.

I've been researching fertility supplements for DH to improve his sperm fragmentation issues. If there's a small chance the surgeon thinks we can conceive naturally (even if I don't quite believe him) I want to do everything we can to improve our chances of conception or future IVF. 

I've just found some very expensive male supplements that I've ordered online.  DH and I discussed it before buying them.  We agreed that we don't want to have any regrets - no stone left unturned.  Whether we are successful with a pregnancy or not, we want to do everything in our power to make it happen.  So the supplements are en route as I speak (I dread to even look at our credit card balance these days!)

So then next steps:
1.  Meet with the RE in May to discuss findings of laparoscopy.
2.  Meet with surgeon in early June for post-operative review, review of natural killer cells test, and recommendations for further IVF.
3.  June - FET using our last frozen embryo.

I'm not sure what we'll do if the last embryo doesn't work.  I guess we'll do another IVF cycle if the RE thinks it's worthwhile. One step at a time though. 

I"m feeling good mentally - finally I can see some light..

No comments:

Post a Comment