Friday, May 6, 2011

Am I an IVF chicken?

I'm sitting here enjoying a big glass of wine. Today I went to work and I didn't think about babies or IVF once. It was so nice.

Yet, I'm scheduled to start IVF this month!

I just feel so overwhelmed by DH's upcoming deployment that the thought of going through IVF is almost too much to deal with.

Am I ready for IVF? I don't know.......

I really want to stick to our plan of starting IVF this month. But if it is postponed for some reason I think I'll feel happy about it. I've just turned 32 years old, and I have 2 remaining good quality embryos. I have a beautiful 14 month old daughter. I know there is no real need to rush in, but I just want to get IVF done and get on with my life.

But I just don't know if I can deal with it right now.

My friend thinks that I need to be 100% ready for IVF before I do it. She thinks I should wait until I feel certain that I'm ready.

I just don't know the answer...............

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I don't know. I didn't feel ready but I am older than you and I wanted the eggs out and fertilized asap. However, that being said, I'm excited to be pregnant again and that it worked so easily and so well and that my kids will be so close in age...but, also, I don't know if I was younger and facing a deployment, I might hesitate too. Whatever you both decide, just don't be hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete