Thursday, May 19, 2011

On with Plan B..........

After a few "false starts" AF finally arrived today. That makes this cycle 27 days, and last cycle 45 days. What a variable cycle I have!

The timing of this cycle is not good. If we wanted to go ahead with the FET, DH is scheduled to be away for work for the entire 10 days and I am scheduled to go away on a little family vacation with my parents. It would create a lot of stress for me to have to reschedule the vacation, and I also wouldn't have my DH around to help out around the house after the FET.

Furthermore, if the FET did work and we were lucky enough to fall pregnant the baby would be due just 3 weeks after DH's scheduled return from deployment. As we know babies don't generally arrive on their due date and I would be pretty stressed about whether or not he would be home.

As a result, DH and I decided to delay the FET for one more month. This would make it a June cycle with a transfer in early July. The timing of this is much better as DH will be around for the FET. We don't have any other plans for the month and we can really focus on it together. And if I were lucky enough to fall pregnant, the timing would be much better. The baby would be due in late March which would give DH and I almost 2 months to adjust to his return from deployment.

The bad side is that I now have just one month to do and FET with DH here before he leaves on deployment. If it doesn't work then I am going to have to decide whether to do another FET just as he is leaving, or wait until he has gone. I think we are just going to have to cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

Overall I"m feeling a bit disappointed that this cycle just didn't work out for us. I know it's just a month to wait until we cycle. I guess that IVF has been on my radar screen for so long now that I'm anxious to get started.

But the other part of me is relieved. I've been feeling really unsure about cycling this month and now the decision has been taken out of my hands. I think that life with be calmer next month, and I'll feel more prepared for the FET. So overall, I think it's probably working out for the best.

1 comment:

  1. I hate delays but at least you may have a really fun vacation and DH will be around for the FET...take some of the stress off! Try not to think about it and enjoy a little free time:-)

    ReplyDelete