Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Transfer complete

The lead up to Transfer Day has been busy and pretty stress-free. I decided that I would try to get the house as tidy and organised as possible before the transfer so that I could relax during the 2 week wait. This meant that I was so busy that I haven't had much of a chance to even think about IVF (which is good in my opinion).

My husband took the day off work today for the transfer. It was so good to have him there as last time he was in DC for work and missed out.

The staff were friendly and efficient. We spoke to the embryologist, and she gave us a good report on our frozen embryo. It thawed beautifully, and was already starting to hatch out of its shell. It appears to be pretty good quality and it was a relief to hear that everything was running to plan.

The transfer itself was also smooth and easy. It was all over very quickly and then we were sent home. My Doctor doesn't believe in bedrest (unless you choose to do it so make yourself feel more relaxed). It felt weird jumping up off the bed just minutes after the transfer, but my Doctor assured me that I can go about life as usual.

Despite this, I decided to take advantage of my husband's day off work by kindly asking him to care for our very busy toddler. Boy, is she a busy girl. So I lay on the couch for most of the afternoon while he ran around after her, then cooked dinner for me. Bliss.

So all in all it was a good day. Now we have the two week wait ahead. Ugh....

1 comment:

  1. OH, I'm so excited for you to get past that hurdle. I know the 2 week wait is killer but you can get through it!!! Praying for positive news really soon.

    ReplyDelete