Sunday, July 17, 2011

Beta Day

From days 7 through 10 post transfer, I knew I was pregnant. It is unmistakable to me. I had very clear pregnancy symptoms and a faint positive home pregnancy test.

The night before the beta test I went to bed and when I woke up the pregnancy symptoms had gone. I tried another home pregnancy test and the result was even weaker. I suspected that the embryo had implanted for about 3 days, but then failed to survive beyond that.

On the day of the beta we had hope that I was still pregnant. After all, vanishing pregnancy symptoms and a faint positive pregnancy test are hardly accurate predictors of IVF outcomes. But in our hearts we knew.

The beta came back - 7.

Too low for a viable pregnancy.

I have to go back in for a further blood test to make sure it's not eptopic.

DH and I felt such a sense of sadness over this little embryo. It was to be due on my birthday next year, and we had already discussed names. I feel sad that this little life, that would have been deeply loved, is never going to be.

DH leaves on his deployment in a fortnight. We have so much going on right now. Our stress levels are high. My workload at work is high. We're both feeling depressed and stressed. We know that right now isn't a good time for another IVF cycle.

So I'm going to wait a couple of months and then try again. I'm still hopeful that we will have another baby, but right now just isn't the time for us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I am so sorry! I know it can be harder to have it look so good and then turn bad. Take time and heal...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the news. I'm thinking about you and praying for some peace. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete