Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Emotional

We found out we're having another little girl!  I'm so so so amazed by this news.  Two little girls is more than I can comprehend.  I feel so undeserving of this prize. 

My husband was hoping for a boy.  He is a real "guys guy" with two brothers and five nephews.  When we were first married we always imagined ourselves having little boys.  But we all know life doesn't work out as we planned, and now we are blessed with two girls! 

He would like to try for number three, but I feel I am done now.  The best day was throwing out all of the (now out of date) IVF drugs.  It was an amazing feeling of gratitude to be able to move forward in my life now.

I hope my husband will love having two girls (as much as I think I will).  We have two frozen embryos left, and I guess we could give them a try.  But I don't want to have to go through another stimulated IVF cycle ever again.  I've done 7 IVF cycles over the last 4 years and I'm so pleased to be done now.  Besides, if our beautiful first daughter is anything to go by, two girls will keep us more than occupied for the next 18 years!

I'm feeling much more emotional this time around. I think it's this overwhelming sense of gratitude that I'm almost "on the other side" now.  I know IF will always be a part of me, but I feel so close now to being done with infertility treatments. 

When I was pregnant with DD1, I always knew in the back of my mind we would have to go through more IVF to give her a sibling.  Now I don't have that sense of "fight" left in me.  I am just settling into this feeling of gratitude, thankfulness, relief and just plain happiness. 

The best times are when I'm lying near DH and DD, and I can feel the baby kicking.  It feels like we're finally a complete family.  That all my dreams are so close to coming true.  I am so humbled. 

I'm going to return to this blog more regularly to update how I'm feeling.  It's a precious time and I'd love to savour it. 

Did anyone else feel so emotional during pregnancy? 




2 comments:

  1. Awesome! He will love his two sweet little girls. Trust me, they'll have him wrapped around their fingers in no time if our household is any evidence. Enjoy this fun time of anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little princess is so beautiful) I also underwent ivf using donor eggs. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came acrose Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7days of havig intercourse with my huusbnd few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a geniue miracle man.I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following... Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,

    ReplyDelete